Monday, February 21, 2011

Media & Ideology


On page 150 of the Media & Ideology it gives the definition of Ideology and begins to tells us (the readers) about the different implications that it gives. I feel as though  Ideology gives a different look to a lot of stuff in general. After reading I began to understand that ideology is basically a set of ideas that come from  goals, expectations, and maybe even actions & they way of looking at things.

When growing up I was big on the "Disney Princess" movies. Obviously I was young and I didnt really understand what the stories/ movies were about. The only thing i really grasped was that "beautiful girls fell in love with beautiful men, had beautiful kids and lived a beautiful life." - -  As I grew up I began to see what I have never saw before.  

One day I was watching The Little Mermaid with my younger brother, and I finally got it! I saw and understood exactly what I never saw. Basically what the movie was stating was that it is okay to abandon your family, change your body, and etc JUST FOR A a man.  - That's NOT what I saw when I was younger & I know that's not what a lot of younger children see either watching these Disney movies (not that it's only Disney movies).

After reading Media & Ideology I began to surf the net and came across a really interesting article called The Future of American Power which was a little similar to what the other article discussed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment